Using curves inside of blocks as drive regions.

All topics related to RhinoCAM
MS1609732500

Using curves inside of blocks as drive regions.

Post by MS1609732500 »

I am using Rhino 6 at work Rhino 7 at home, and RhinoCAM 2019 at both. I would like to be able to select elements within a block as a drive region for CAM but I am unable to select them within the RhinoCAM interface, even if I select by layer. Is there a workaround for this? I really need to be able to update components for CAM in a single file and have that geometry update in all instances of that file being inserted into other files as a block, and in all instances of that block being copied within a single file. For example, if I have a set of closed curves that define multiple operations of the pockets and holes for a door hinge or cabinet hinge, and I need to make an edit to that geometry, then I need that change to cascade to all instances of that geometry within a file and across all files without copying and pasting it hundreds of times. I realize I can copy the instances of the block and then explode the copy, but this is not ideal, especially when making tiny fractional MM changes to geometry and accidentally creating multiple instances of barely different geometry. Using "record history" has been suggested, but this will only work within a single file and not using component logic across multiple files. What do you do to solve this?