FreeMill locks up

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
goneflyin

FreeMill locks up

Post by goneflyin »

I've been trying to use freemill but it always locks up, and I mean always. I've never gotten to the end of the wizard because it keeps locking up on me.

Any suggestions?

Chris
MecSoft Support

FreeMill locks up

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi,

This is a great reason to buy VisualMill! Seriously, FreeMill is a derivative of our version 3.0 product which is currently not under development and so we will be unable to determine exactly why this is happening. However the most common problem with FreeMill seems to be an OpenGL display incompatibility with your graphics card. Getting the latest drivers from your card manufacturer might fix this problem.
Thud

FreeMill locks up

Post by Thud »

I also have this problem. I loaded FreeMill on two computers and on both it ran correctly only the first time. Now when I get to the screen where the parting plane is set the plane is not shown on the model. When I click on "next" it locks up. Uninstalling and re-installing does not help.

You say it is a good reason to buy VisualMill. As far as I am concerned it is a very good reason NOT to buy it. If the demo doesn't work why spend money on the real thing?

[Edited by Thud on 10-Apr-04 15:34]
Happy VM5 User

FreeMill locks up

Post by Happy VM5 User »

Hi Thud,
I´m just a User of VM but can promise you, if there are
any problems with the software or you don´t know how to use it correctly, the service of Mecsoft is perfect. You write them and the next day you have your solution. I have 2 other CAM systems, especially the with the 3D one I had enough problems.
Even with reading extern files VM never failed, but even my CAD systems and also the CAM were not able to read them.

Hope this helps to convince?

Robert

[Edited by Happy VM5 User on 12-Apr-04 06:30]
MecSoft Support

FreeMill locks up

Post by MecSoft Support »

"You say it is a good reason to buy VisualMill. As far as I am concerned it is a very good reason NOT to buy it. If the demo doesn't work why spend money on the real thing?"

Your statement would be correct if FreeMill was a demo for VisualMill. It is not. You can download the VisualMill demo product from our main web-site for that. Our main motivation in releasing the FreeMill is to offer an entry level product for cash strapped hobbyists. We also hope to be able to get our name out in the process which we hope will lead to future business (we do have a business to run and programmers to feed).

As I said before since VM 3.0 (and consequently FreeMill) is not under development we will not be able to look at this problem. However rest assured that if you have a problem with VM 5.0 we will be all over it to get it fixed.

BTW, please check out the visualmillusers group in Yahoo. There are a lot of postings relating to FreeMill in this forum.