Re-cant on the flat pencil. -In a word- Awesome

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
obwan425

Post by obwan425 »

Hey groupies,

I posted on mecsofts flat pencil not quite working the way I envisioned it..Well a friend of mine read my post and e-mailed me the other day and told me to fool with the included angle setting and it will give me exactly what I am looking for.Guess what???It gave me exactly what I was looking for..This setting is what to play with for one of the best flat pencils the eyes have seen ;-)~ Visualmill is so awesome..Every other day it seems I am blown away by something cooler than the last..Just wanted to re-cant so If anyone reading is interested in the package for its pencil traces they wouldn't be misled,as I could easily see spending $10,000 just to have the pencil trace and slope stuff!!

Greg
John Loftus

Post by John Loftus »

Greg,

Can you show us some screen shots with the simulations and angle settings for the flat pencil? I have cases where the pencil tracing is not being driven around the contours very well but I think that is just from the ball mill being too small. Anyway, always hoping to learn something new.

Cheers,
John
obwan425

Post by obwan425 »

John,

The ball pencil won't go where it doesn't need to if you have a .375 ball,it wont pencil a corner with a radius of .500 It realizes it doesn't need too.Where do I put a screenshot??I have an excellent example of the difference the included angle setting makes!!

Greg
John Loftus

Post by John Loftus »

Greg,

I'm not sure how to post images on this forum. The only way may be to post a link to a webpage. Here is one such experiment ... let's see if this works.

http://www.loftusdesign.net/memorexCAM1.jpg

If you don't have a website I could always post it for you. You would just need to email me the images at [email protected]

Cheers,
John