VisualMill/VisualCAM 1.0 Drilling Help

All discussion related to VisualCAM for SolidWorks
ChrisH

VisualMill/VisualCAM 1.0 Drilling Help

Post by ChrisH »

Hello,

I am brand new to the CNC Milling operation and VisualMill/VisualCAM 1.0. I have been learning from the tutorial which has been very helpful. Up until now I have done pretty good figuring everything out. My problem is I cannot get the Drill operation to run correctly. I followed all the steps and everything looks good. I POST the MOp and get the G-code. I load it into my CNC software "MasterXU", oh by the way I am using a CNC Master Milling Machine. I then zero all my axis and then run the code. The machine goes to all the correct locations but instead of a downward motion in the z-axis the machine goes up. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks.
MecSoft Support

Re: VisualMill/VisualCAM 1.0 Drilling Help

Post by MecSoft Support »

Are you programming the drill operation as Standard Drill or Deep Drill. This is set under Drill types in cut parameters. Do you see a canned cycle output in the posted code G81 or G83 ?
If you could include the posted g-code and the programmed part file *.vcp and specify the post processor that you have set as your current post processor, we can take a look at it. If you prefer sending us the file by email, you may send it to [email protected]