RhinoCAM and VisualMill

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
SmokeDaddy

RhinoCAM and VisualMill

Post by SmokeDaddy »

Greetings,

I would like to know what the “difference” between VisualMill 5.0, VisualMill Basic 5.0 and RhinoCAM is. It must be substantial, considering the price differences. If I understood it correctly, VisualMill Basic and RhinoCAM are the same, with the exception that RhinoCAM is specifically made to work within Rhino, as a plug-in. Naturally Rhino is the CAD engine and must be purchased separately.

A very high percentage of my CNC’ing (85%) will be engraving, embossed engraving, drilling and profiling an object in aluminum. If anyone is doing something like this, I would like to see images if possible.

Sincerely,
-SD:
MecSoft Support

RhinoCAM and VisualMill

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi,
Call us at our sales line and have an on-line demo setup. This will help you understand the differences in our products.

BTW, VisualMill Basic is exactly the same as RhinoCAM. The pricing is also the same. The additional cost, that you are refering to, is for Rhino. If you already have Rhino, then the cost is exactly the same for you.

Check out our gallery to see the types of engraving operations available. Better still talk to one of our AE's to get a complete picture of what functionality we offer.
SmokeDaddy

RhinoCAM and VisualMill

Post by SmokeDaddy »

Greetings,

I have went through the demo with one of your tech(s) ... very nice, thanks. I have a registered version of Rhino too and have downloaded your demo as well.

Guess I am having a problem understanding the differences between the 3 programs offered is all. Will there be a RhinoCAM Visual Mill version someday "as well as" a RhinoCAM Visual Basic version that's offered now?

My personal CAD engine is AutoCAD and I use Rhino for its' NURBS abilities (and cost).

Sincerely,
-SD:

[Edited by SmokeDaddy on 12-Aug-05 13:08]
MecSoft Support

RhinoCAM and VisualMill

Post by MecSoft Support »

Hi SmokeDaddy (!)

RhinoCAM = VisualMill Basic running inside of Rhino (currently available)

RhinoCAMPro = VisualMill (Pro) running inside of Rhino (will be available Sept 5th )

The RhinoCAM products are for fully integrated CAD/CAM while the VisualMill products are for standalone CAM. Hope this makes sense.

BTW, things will get more complicated once we release VisualTurn!