installation problem

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
lstiver35

installation problem

Post by lstiver35 »

i have installed visuall cadcam 3.0.0.17 32 bit version, but it doesn't work. Upon opening the program, and loading a file, the viewport loads the file 3 or four times in rapid succession. If I click anywhere in the viewport the loading of the file three or four times will occur again. If i attempt to shut down the program, I get the message "access denied". The only way to quit the program is to kill it with windows task manager. I have uninstalled and re-installed the program to no avail. I have downloaded the program again, and get the same results with a new install.
I have Windows 7 professional 32 bit.
All my other Cad/Cam demos work OK.
I would surely appreciate it if some one could help out.
Thanks
MecSoft Support

Re: installation problem

Post by MecSoft Support »

From your description it looks like a display related issue. You could try updating your display drivers and then see if this resolves the issue. If the problem still persists after updating the drivers, try uninstalling & reinstalling VisualCADCAM.
Some of the display related problems can also be resolved by using one of the Basic & High Contrast themes under Windows 7. Close VisualCADCAM and go to Control Panel->Appearance and Personalization -> Change the theme. Select Windows 7 Basic under basic & high contrast themes.
lstiver35

Re: installation problem

Post by lstiver35 »

I have tried all display resolutions, and changed the theme to basic windows 7 style, un-installed, re-installed, and get the same results every time.
My computer is a multi-boot with windows XP on partition one, and Windows 7 on partition two.
After not being able to use visualmill on Windows 7, I have installed visual mill on the XP partition, and it works flawlessly.
It is just a nuisance to have to reboot into XP just to use visualmill when all my other CNC related software is on my Windows 7 partition.
lstiver35