Graphics issues

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
KentKeller

Graphics issues

Post by KentKeller »

Just put two new Asus VN248H monitors on my system. I went to the shop and connected to the system via windows Remote desktop for the first time. When I started VisualCad there was some message about graphics, but I didn't pay a lot of attention, since I know the shops graphics are underpowered.

Every mouse move on the screen was causing the graphics to repaint and it wasn't quick. Trying to watch simulate was painful. I figured it was the remote desktop connection, but I am seeing the same thing now that I am back at the system with the two new monitors. I have tried setting the display options back to default along with various other settings and I dropped the resolution back down to what it was before the new monitors, but so far nothing has helped.

So I am not really sure if the new monitors are part of the problem, or if something happened when I connected via remote desktop (ie, clicked OK to a dialog that I shouldn't have) or ??

Any help appreciated.

VisualCAD/Mill 2014
Intel i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 GHz
8 GB ram
Windows 8.1
DirectX 11
GeForce GTX 460
Driver version 344.65
MecSoft Support

Re: Graphics issues

Post by MecSoft Support »

You could try updating your display drivers and then see if this resolves the issue. If the problem still persists after updating the drivers, try uninstalling & reinstalling VisualCADCAM.
KentKeller

Re: Graphics issues

Post by KentKeller »

Just wanted to report back that it was the graphics driver. It hadn't been that long since I had installed the existing driver, so they must have had an issue and put out a new one pretty quick.

Thanks.