Post processor question

All discussion related to the VisualCAD/CAM standalone product.
woodcutjoinery

Post processor question

Post by woodcutjoinery »

Hi, I've just got VisualMill, and have it set up on my Tekcel V Series machine

But I'm struggling to work out how to get it to sense the tool length, which it doesn't do automatically which it does do with other software I use (artCAM and Aspire 4.5)

is there anyway to get it to do it using the PP that is already on the software or one that can be downloaded? or am I missing something?

any help would be great!
MecSoft Support

Re: Post processor question

Post by MecSoft Support »

You would use the Adjust register under the create/edit tool dialog for the tool height offset. Generally this is set the same as Tool Number. The posted code would output H# and this points to the offset value in the controller’s tool table.
For example:
T2 M6
G43 H2 Z0.25
Where H2 points to the controllers tool table for tool height offset.
If your posted code does not output G43H# on the line after the tool change code, make sure your post processor is configured to output this.
You can edit the post processor using the post processor generator and add the following line of macro under First load tool & tool change macro sections in the Tool change tab of the post processor generator.
[SEQ_PRECHAR][SEQNUM]G43 H[TOOL_ADJST_REG] Z[NEXT_NONMDL_Z]
woodcutjoinery

Re: Post processor question

Post by woodcutjoinery »

Hi, I've tryed putting that in but it still doesnt automatically do to the sensing to detect the tool length

I've got the post processors for the other software, which I know work, is there anyway of using the code from them and adding it using the processor generator?